Did you know that only 52% of people in the UK recycle their bathroom products, compared to the 90% who say they recycle kitchen products? Despite the fact that recycling your empties is easier than ever, beauty products account for 30-40% of all landfill waste in the UK. Yikes! We understand that it’s hard to know what you can and can’t recycle- so we are here to help!
We use glass for all of our 55g deodorants but glass does have pros and cons. Pro, it’s infinitely recyclable and not a fossil fuel based material but con, when created as a virgin material (a material first created from a raw natural one) it’s quite energy intensive and made from sand which is not a renewable source.
We then add a biodegradable label crafted from linen, hemp and 95% sugarcane bi-product fibres, the labels can be made without the need for wood-based fibres usually utilised to produce most papers. This sustainable solution also uses less raw material, less energy and less waste. We opted for a temporary adhesive, so the labels soak off well allowing for easier cleaning and recycling.
Our lids are made from coated tinplate. They are often confused for plastic lids because they have such a smooth appearance, but rest assured, they are not plastic!
Because glass is infinitely recyclable, we set up our own circular recycling scheme!
How does it work?
- Wait until you have 6 empty jars to return.
- We are only accepting jars, so the box and lid can still be placed with your household recycling.
- Clean the jars well with dish soap and water, and remove the label fully.
- Dry the jars thoroughly, ready for packing.
- Package the jars up carefully to avoid breakages. Thanks!
- Email our Customer Service Team and let them know how many jars you are returning and your name (very important).
- You will be sent a unique prepaid shipping label for your jar return.
- Once we have received and inspected your empties we will send you out a 15% off code to use on your next order.
Got a question about the returns process? Email us [email protected]